Impakt is a suite of over 850 breathtaking morphed concert percussion instruments and multis that will blow you away. This diverse collection of instruments ranges from dramatically twisted marimbas and xylophones, blissful chimes and bells to massively transfigured timpani, gongs, bass drums, cymbals, and a variety of world percussion instruments. Impakt also includes a complimentary set of traditional concert percussion instruments.
All sounds were recorded on the Scoring Stage at Skywalker Sound (a Lucasfilm Ltd. Company) under the direction of Blue Devils front field percussion arranger Jim Wunderlich and System Blue, the result of which is a comprehensive library that contains both traditional instruments and an evocative collection of morphed cinematic instruments, transitions, atmospheres, leads, impacts, and tempo-synced rhythms.
Create, Innovate, Perform
Impakt captures instruments and performances that goes far beyond standard performance techniques and practices. From the massive collection of material sampled, Sample Logic and System Blue have crafted an insane suite of innovative dynamic and original cinematic instruments, bringing forward a new genre of sound where music and sound design collide.
- Atmospheric/Ambient Soundscapes
- Melodic Leads and Pads
- Percussive tempo-synced rhythmic Loops
- Melodic & Percussive Arpeggiated Instruments
- Percussive Impacts, Big Hit Ensembles & Kits
- Swipes, Scrapes, & Reverse Transitional Effects
- Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone, Glock & Crotales
- Bass Drum, Timpani, Gong, Tubular Bells, Suspended Cymbals
- World Percussion – Bongos, Cajon, Wood Block, Conguitas, Cow Bell, Water Triangle, Wind Chimes, Hands, Guiro, Tambourine, etc.
- Over 80 custom crafted multi-instruments that include Construction Beds, Instrument Stacks & One Note Glory Multis
- Performance-ready with up to 6 customizable Multi Script Macros
Impakt's spectacular user interface was designed with the composer and sound designer in mind, providing effortless control for complete customization. Impakt is all about user experience with the freedom to infinitely transform samples into awesome evolving instruments with endless possibilities. The interface includes:
- “Multi-core Effect Sequencers” – real-time effect automation
- “Triggers” – 48 unique effect chains
- “Arpeggigater” – sequencer based gate effect
- “LFO” – to make things wobble
- “Wave” – additive/subtractive synthesis engine
- “Pitch” – quick and easy real-time pattern based transpositions
- “Space” – a 3D sound mixer for traditional instruments that can dramatically change the listening perspective in realtime.
- Much more...
“Impakt is fantastic, fresh, and full of surprises. I can’t believe the size and quality of sounds they’ve jammed into one library. With inspiration around every corner I’m thrilled to be able to add such an outstanding product to my sound palette.” — Clinton Shorter (District (District 9, 2 Guns, Saving Silverman, Contraband)
“With Impakt you have the best of both worlds. Tons of “traditional” percussion coupled with an entire world of incredible landscapes and elements to build and get creative with. Not to mention how good this stuff sounds. The mixes sound fantastic.” — John Debney (Iron Man 2, Alex Cross, The Emperor’s New Groove, The Passion of The Christ, Sin City, Bruce Almighty, End Of Days, Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Over 850 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Just over 20 GB sample library using Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression
- NI Kontakt 5 Player with native 64-bit support
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI
Minimum System Requirements
- Kontakt 5 Player 5.1 or higher (free download) or full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher (sold separately)
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended)
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player
- 20 GB free disk space for IMPAKT sample content