Rumble is part of the first set of Kontakt Player virtual instruments to combine the finest in traditional marching drums and brass with cutting-edge cinematic sound design. These superbly flexible virtual instruments will give educators, composers, and musicians an imaginative, innovative, and inspiring new sonic palette for creative music-making. Rumble features the legendary DCI World Champion Blue Devils, coordinated by Scott Johnson, and recorded by Leslie Ann Jones on the Scoring Stage at Skywalker Sound (a Lucasfilm Ltd. Company) assisted by Grammy® Award winner Frank Dorritie.
Rumble delivers a comprehensive set of pristine, carefully crafted marching drum samples. Each instrument was captured using modern-day film score recording techniques at multiple dynamic levels, round-robins, and at close, mid, and far microphone placements, affording composers, producers, arrangers, and performers a solid foundation for realizing accurate, dynamic musical productions.
And it doesn't stop there… Rumble goes far beyond traditional marching drums and enters into the morphed sonic realm of Sample Logic’s trademark “blurring the line between music and sound design.” All of the drums recorded for Rumble are not only included as production-ready multi-sampled instruments, but are also used as the basis for all of the morphed sounds. The result is a library that contains both traditional instruments and an evocative collection of morphed “cinematic” instruments, including transitions, atmospheres, and rhythms aimed squarely at the needs of TV, film, game and electronic music composers.
- A complete collection of traditional marching drum instruments (snares, multi-tenors, basses, cymbals) recorded with multiple round-robins, multiple dynamic levels, and at three microphone distances.
- A complete collection of evocative morphed “cinematic” instruments and loops.
- Atmospheric/ambient soundscapes
- Rhythmic/percussive tempo-synced loops
- Tonal and percussive arpeggiated/articulated instruments
- Sequenced instruments using the “core-effect sequencer”
- Impacts, big-hit ensembles, and kits
- Swipes, scrapes, and reverse transitional effects
- Performance-ready multis (playable interactive preset templates made from multiple instruments)
- Over 75 score-ready multis
- Additional multis included in Rumble were created by award-winning composer Trevor Morris.
“The quality is excellent, with all the ultra-taut snap and punch you could want. Tonal variety is great too with numerous stick types/ articulations, and full ensemble and individual patches.” — Computer Music Magazine
“…film makers wanting a touch of the Hollywood blockbuster will find plenty of uses for Rumble, as will those working in the TV and games industries. Electronic music composers should also find the samples useful (mainly the ones in the extensive ‘morphed’ folders), given that they can be treated further with Kontakt’s vast array of processing tools. [...] it does exactly what it sets out to do, and you can’t really ask for more than that.” — Sound On Sound
- Available in both boxed and direct download formats.
- 6GB sample library (uncompressed)
- 4.4GB via Kontakt’s lossless sample storage compression
- Over 1,100 Instruments and Multis recorded and processed at 88.2k/24-bit, delivered at 44.1k/24-bit.
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, or RTAS
Minimum System Requirements
- Kontakt Player Free 4 or higher (also runs in the retail version of Kontakt)
- Mac: OS X 10.6 (latest update), 10.7, Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (Kontakt player 4 and higher)
- Mac: PPC (Kontakt 2, 3, 3.5) and Intel (Kontakt player 4 and higher) Compatible
- PC: Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit, Inteo Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64, 2GB RAM
- 5+ GB of free disk space